10 Content Creation Hacks
Creating valuable, unique and consistent content in various formats and across relevant platforms has a whole host of benefits in terms of creating brand awareness, generating leads and then ultimately conversions. Typically content marketing is based on creating relevant and valuable content.
The Content Marketing Institute defines content marketing as – “Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.” There’s no doubt that crafting this type of content helps to generate leads and conversions, yet creating and distributing this content can be time consuming.
Discover our top ten hacks below to help you create valuable and relevant content that will get your brand noticed.
- Work with bloggers and influencers to help you create content that really resonates with your audience. Depending on your target audience, find bloggers and influencers to collaborate with that can create content on your behalf in front of their audience. It can enable you to place your brand in front of a relevant target audience and work with someone that can introduce your brand to a large following. Collaborating with YouTubers can provide you with some valuable video content that is distributed out effectively and working with bloggers can enable you to create content that’s posted across a range of sites that already have a relevant and defined audience. Check out our blog next Monday on how to find great influencers for your brand.
- “Top 10” posts and listicles with succinct information perform well in terms of click through rates on Google. They’re a popular choice in terms of online content format as they are easier to digest. When writing one of these posts keep in mind word length. These types of posts don’t take too long to write and can give you some quick valuable content.
- Use some time saving tools such as BuzzSumo to discover some ideal headlines that perform well based around your topics. For example, if you search content creation – you can see the most shared article under this topic is called - Content Creation Hacks: How to Quickly Produce Valuable Content. You can then base your content headlines around these and it gives you an idea of the type of content people want on this topic.
- When it comes to your online blog content on your website, setting up a company content calendar is a good way of always being able to manage fresh content going onto the site and to allocate time slots out to different people in the business on when they can write a blog. Get as many people involved in contributing to the blog rather than just one person all the time, a s this can free that person up to work on other projects. Plus, it’s always good to give people the opportunity to write if they want to and to have different angles and perspectives. It also makes your company look a lot bigger.
- An ideas content calendar can also be a great way to plan your ideas so you know what to write and when. It can actually save you a lot of time rather than having to think on the spot what to write. You can also plan ahead and write content in line with holidays, events etc so that it’s timely and relevant.
- Evergreen content is content that is timeless and always valuable. If you have created content that has performed particularly well, re-post this content on social media or market that content a bit more. Contact some people directly who may be interested in your content via social media providing them with a link. This may also help you drum up new business.
- Competitions on social media are a great way of getting your customers and fans to create content. Why not do writing competitions or a photo based comp? Then pick the top entries and then schedule these out to be posted every few days for a couple of weeks adding suspense around the next posting. This will also give you some fresh content for a little while.
- Re-purpose content. If you’ve created greats blog or articles on a certain subject why not group some together and then turn them into a downloadable e-book or whitepaper on your site, asking visitors for their details prior to downloading, enabling you to utilise this later for email marketing campaigns. You could also take a lengthier blog and turn it into an infographic.
- Connect with guest bloggers. Guest blogging has been referred to as dead but only as a spammy link building tactic. Having others who are passionate about specific industries write for your blog can be a great way of having valuable content from a different perspective and it also keeps your content fresh and updated without you having to do all the leg work. Check out different sites where you can find great bloggers like bloggerlinkup.com and myblogguest.com.
- Freelancers Sometimes writing content is just time consuming and you need to draft in some extra help. If you’re looking for someone to help you do a certain project or to help with some extra work, consider taking on a freelance writer for some extra support. If you’re finding you have a lot of website content, blogs and content marketing you need help with, then it may be a good idea to get a content agency or digital marketing agency to help you.